Perfect for both chicken and seafood nothing compares with the freshness of these orange passatas! Check out our Facebook page or see the recipe below to find out why these poached orange tomato passatas are taking Australia by storm!
- In a hand mixer blend up a quarter of a red onion and a few cloves of garlic with some of our amazing The Food Philosopher EVOO and blend into a paste.
- Fry this in an open frying pan with some additional EVOO on a medium heat until the paste starts to cook and change colour.
- Following this add your prawns.
- After a minute add some saffron and some finely diced zucchini (half a cup) and simmer for another minute. Then add some white wine (but honestly a shot of ouzo makes it 10 times better!) and simmer down.
- Once reduced, simply add the whole passata and reduce for a couple of minutes. Finish with some salt and pepper and a naughty knob of butter!
- Serve with your favourite pasta
It’s that SIMPLE! These orange tomatoes are also TO DIE FOR on a baked fish prior to cooking or for baked chicken pieces in the oven with potatoes, onion and garlic and fresh herbs. Essentially, they are a blank canvas for your culinary talents!